Last Alliance: TW
is total conversion of Shogun 2. This mod base on stories from Tolkien's books, concretely on end of Second Age when Elves and Numenoreans fought against Sauron - many years before events from "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings". The goal of the mod is changing most aspects of the game: models, units, campaign map, ui, music, battlemaps, etc.
You can find mod also on: MODDB
If you want support this project, check Patreon: PatreonDOWNLOAD Last Alliance: TW Alpha 0.1.6:
- MODDBRecommended difficulty level: Normal
In full version I want put campaing with north-west part of Middle-Earth, with all known factions and races and important characters. Start date will be in 3429 of Second Age, when Sauron attacked Minas Ithil.
But firstly I published alpha with mini-campaign. Mini-campaign is prologue (and technicaly this is alternative history) to full campaign, with start date in 3255 of Second Age. In 3255 of Second Age died Tar-Palantir - last legal king of Numenor. Next ruler should be Tar-Miriel - his daughter, but her cousin - Pharazon returned to Numenor from Middle-Earth, forced her to marry and taked crown of Numenor.
This action was illegal, but in books no one tried to stop him. So, Pharazon ruled as next King of Numenor but when he attacked Valinor, Kingdom and Island was destroyed in great disaster.
In mini-campaign I want to give option to change this story. Start date it time when Pharazon returned to Numenor and is in Rómenna before heading to capital. Will be possible to play as Tar-Miriel, Pharazon or one lord from royal council.
Prologue campaign will be expand in future updates. You will see more lands, factions, units, etc.Main changes in Alpha v0.1.6:
- 20 new provinces in Gondor, Enedwaith and Calenardhon (later Rohan)
- New armor for Nizar (Haradrim Black Snake Clan faction leader) (thanks Edred for great concept)
- New armor (still WIP) for Ikrimah (Haradrim Golden Lion Clan faction leader) (thanks Edred for mask concept)
- Nizar and Ikrimah now have own bodyguards (avaiable in campaign and custom battle)
- More variants of movemment animations for spearmen with shields by CherJair
- Some new building icons (for Numenorean) by Mareon
- New campaign settlement models for Haradrim
- Changes in economy - now some buildings basically generate less wealth, but other building can increase it
- Unplayable Wildmen factions in campaign (avaiable in custom battle, but it only few units - so I suggest to not play as them)
- Fixed problems with 2h sword animations
- Removed placeholder custom naval units and restored some vanilla naval units (because AI for some reason not recruit custom naval units)
Full list of changes here
.Prologue campaign map - Alpha v0.1.6: